- Passport Services
- Required Documents
Each applicant must provide the following:
- Current version of passport application form DS-11 (Completed and Unsigned)
- Complete form online and print it out (single-sided) OR print or obtain a blank copy of the form and fill out using black ink only. Application forms are also available at the library. Fill out application completely, including social security number. Applications without SSN cannot be processed. Do not sign your application until asked to do so by a passport agent, who must administer an oath and witness your signature.
Please use the link above to go to travel.state.gov, the official website of U.S. Passport Services, to find forms and information. Other websites may also offer passport information and forms but may attempt to charge for the forms or unneeded services. You should avoid paying for additional services from third party sites until you have received more information from travel.state.gov or a passport acceptance facility.
- Evidence of citizenship
- Original or state certified copy of birth certificate (not a hospital certificate or photocopy), a previous passport, naturalization certificate, or a Consular Report of Birth Abroad.
- Photocopy of evidence of citizenship
- Proof of identity
- Current driver’s license, military ID card, government employee ID or past passport. For minors under the age of 16, the applying parent(s) must present ID in place of the applicant.
- Photocopy of your identification
- Copy must have both front and back of ID, preferably on the same side of a single page. Black and white copies are okay but the picture must be easily identified as the ID holder.
- One recent 2”x2”color, full-face view photo
- Must have been taken within the last six months, with a white or off-white background, with normal street attire. No hats, headgear, uniforms or eyeglasses are permitted. Smiling or exaggerated facial expressions are also prohibited.
- The Moline Public Library does take passport photos on site. The photos can be taken at the time of your appointment. Photos cost $12 per applicant.
Note: Other forms/documents may also be required depending on the applicants circumstances. If you have any questions about what else may be required please contact the library and speak with a Passport Acceptance Agent.