The Moline Public Library is an authorized United States Passport Acceptance Facility and accepts passport applications on behalf of the U. S. Department of State.
We offer processing for:
- First-time applicants
- Applicants that were under 16 years of age when their most recent passport was issued
- Applicants whose most recent passport has been expired for more than 5 years
Those eligible to use the DS-82 Passport Renewal form do not need to go to an acceptance facility to process their application.
We are not a Regional Passport Agency and do not provide physical passports on site.
All applicants and relevant parties must be present during the application process.
Both parents and children must be present for all minor applications (under age 16). If one parent cannot be present, you must submit a Parent Consent Form (DS-3053), completed with a notarized signature from the non-applying parent/guardian, and a copy of front and back of the non-applying parent's ID (it should be the same ID that they showed the notary).
Passport photos are not currently being taken at the Library.
Passport applicants need to bring photos with them to their appointment.
Hours of Service
Passport service is offered by appointment only. Open appointment times are dependent upon staff availability and the library's schedule. Passport Agents reserve the right to stop accepting applications if the application would continue past closing or is in conflict with another appointment or library event. Stop by the 2nd floor reference desk or call (309) 524-2470 to schedule an appointment.
New Passport Checklist
- Scheduled appointment (call 309-524-2470)
- Completed (online or in black ink), unsigned passport application form (DS-11)
- Evidence of citizenship (birth certificate, previous passport, naturalization certificate, or Consular Report of Birth Abroad)
- Photocopy of evidence of citizenship
- Valid photo ID (current driver’s license, military ID, government employee ID or past passport)
- Photocopy of valid photo ID (for ID cards, a copy of the front and back of the ID on the same side of a single sheet of paper is required)
- One 2” x 2” color, full-face view photo
- All applicants and relevant parties present
- Payments (please remember that there are two payments, one that goes with the application that must be a check or money order, and one that goes to the Moline Library) - more information on passport fees.
- Visit the U.S. Passports and International Travel website.
- Call the NPIC at 1-877-487-2778 or 1-888-874-7793 (TDD/TTY)
Automated information available 24/7. To speak to a customer service representative, call between the hours of 8 a.m. and 10 p.m., Eastern Time, Monday through Friday, except federal holidays.
- Most inquiries answered within 24 hours by telephone only.