Thank you for your interest in becoming a Friends Volunteer. We need you!
The Friends of the Moline Public Library operate a Sale Room within the Moline Public Library. Its’ operation is staffed completely by volunteers and all inventory is donated by the community. Funds raised through the Friends Sale Room supplement tax funding for Library programs and services.
All volunteers will meet with Friends Board representatives for a high level overview of the organization and duties required and must complete a City of Moline background screening prior to volunteering. Volunteers must be at least 16 years of age. Shifts are generally once a week for two hours, but we are flexible to your schedule.
- Operating the cash register each morning and closing at end of day, counting the cash received, and logging on reports
- Assisting customers in selecting materials
- Shelving presorted books and magazines in and outside of the store
- Sorting and categorizing donations in our back room
- Clearing donation bins for sorting and pricing
Become a Volunteer
If you wish to become a volunteer please print our Friends Volunteer Application and return the completed form to the Moline Public Library attn: Friends Board President.
If you have any questions, please leave a note at the Circulation Desk or Sale Room, or contact Friends of the Moline Public Library.